Dear SGS Families,
Did you know that October is national bullying prevention month? During counselor class the last two weeks, we have been learning about friendship and bullying. We talked about how to recognize bullying, the difference between being a bystander and an upstander, and the different types of bullying. We will continue our conversation about bullying for one more week and then we will transition to learning about making responsible, healthy choices for the rest of October.
To celebrate our commitment to being a bully free school, SGS is having an anti-bullying spirit week October 7-11! Each day has a theme and a challenge to go with it.
Monday: Crazy Hair - I CARE!!!
- Go out of your way to show someone you care.
- Ask them about their day or give them a compliment!
Tuesday: Mismatched Shoes (ALSO PICTURE DAY! Don’t worry, the shoes won’t be in the pictures!)
- Take a walk in someone else's shoes.
- Write a kind note to someone, hold the door, or do another random act of kindness!
Wednesday: Inside Out - Wear your clothes inside out!
- Bullying hurts on the inside, even if it doesn't show on the outside.
- Ask someone to play that you usually don't play with at recess or work with someone new!
Thursday: Team Up - Favorite Sports Team
- We can all work together, even though we like different things, we're ONE team.
- Find something you have in common with someone!
Friday: Black and White
- Show support for all of your fellow Black Bears!
- Give a high five, write a thank you card for your teacher, custodian, cook, etc.