Here's hoping this week's Friday Focus, albeit a little later in the day than normal, finds your family enjoying the Thanksgiving Break and the rain for which we've been waiting.
I love Thanksgiving for the opportunity to pause and give thanks for all of the blessings in my life. My list begins with family: my immediate and extended family, my school family, and that group of people who've become my adopted family over the past half-century and then some. I asked students and staff what they were thankful for this past week and here's a list:
- Armed Forces
- Support of teachers/coaches/sponsors
- Opportunities at SJSHS
- USD 376
- Adults in our school who really care
- Living in the USA
- My dogs
- That spring is coming
Staff Spotlight: Ladies in Aprons
Everyday before the sun comes up, these three ladies are in the building and on the job, prepping for breakfast, a second-chance breakfast, and lunch for well over 200 people. We take them for granted, but Susan, Jenny, and Annie do a tremendous job of serving our students and staff, providing them with a smile and a kind word. They are each great teammates to have in our building and a vital part of SJSHS.
What a great evening was Monday! Our band and choir students shared some tremendous music along with some great desserts for those in attendance.
Events through December 7
- SHS: Cub Reporter Distribution Day
- JH Basketball vs. Ell-Saline, 4P
- HS Scholars Bowl @ Ellsworth, 4P
- JH Basketball @ Bennington, 4P
- Sterling Singers @ Hutchinson Symphony (Fox Theatre) 7:30P
- HS Basketball vs. Berean Academy, 4:30P
- SCKMEA Band/Choir Performance, Wichita East HS, 3P
- 12/17: SHS Christmas Concert, 7P
- 12/20: Semester Ends, 12:30
- 1/6/2020: Classes Resume