- Friday, September 20 Application Deadline (Applications must be turned into Mr. Wilson by 3:30 p.m.)
- Monday, September 23-Thursday, September 26 Committee reviews and chooses candidates.
- Friday, September 27 - Candidates informed of committees choices.
- Monday, September 30 - Letter and invitation sent home concerning the NHS induction ceremony.
- Thursday, October 24 - Induction ceremony at Sterling College, 7:00 p.m.
NEW MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
If you are a junior or senior who has been enrolled in Sterling High School for at least 2 semesters, you are eligible to be a member of the Sterling High School Chapter of the National Honor Society. Here are the additional qualifications you must have:
- You must have a 3.5 or higher GPA
- You must have completed a minimum of 10 hours of community service during your high school years.
- You must possess positive leadership qualities.
- You must have positive character traits.
- You must fill out an application form, found on the link above. The application is due to Mr. Wilson by 3:30 p.m. Friday, September 20.
To understand what NHS sees as good character and positive leadership, check the links in the NHS Handbook above.
NHS SERVICE PROJECTS!! Below is a list of service projects currently being worked on by our SHS National Honor Society Members.
- Improvements at the Beach Volleyball Courts.
- Inventory items for the School District.
- Organize the vocal music library at SHS.
- Soup Supper fundraiser for SHASTA.
- Work with the Prairie Arts Show.
- Assist with the Grade School Christmas Program.
- "Night of Sigh Language" fundraiser
- Organize a "Heart Walk" fundraiser.
- Parents Night Out babysitting.
- Teaching American Sign Language classes.
- Work at the Grade School library.
- Make door decorations for the Sterling Presbyterian Manor.
- Coach a Grade School girls' basketball team.
- Assist with the AWANA program.
- Organize a recycling campaign at SHS.
- DVD editing
- Math tutoring for the after-school program.