If you are seeing this post you already know that Sterling is a great place to live and our district is a great place to work. We hope to make SJSHS even better by adding a new certified staff member
We are looking for a certified teacher with a secondary ELA endorsement (or the ability to get the endorsement) to help support struggling students at SJSHS next year. The exact duties will depend on the qualifications of the candidate we hire, but here is what we are planning:
- Work with struggling students, their families, and their teachers to:
- Identify growth areas and ensure appropriate prior knowledge ahead of new concepts,
- Develop executive functioning skills to manage workload and time constraints,
- Communicate with all parties to clarify understanding and develop trusting relationships,
- Manage students enrolled in online courses through various postsecondary institutions.
- Coordinate interventions for students as needed.
- Potential for a certified candidate to teach sections in area of certification(s).
- Coaching & Sponsorship opportunities are available in extracurricular academic and athletic programs.
- Opportunity to transition into another teaching position when available.
Interested applicants should fill out the application found here: Certified Application
A complete application should include the following items:
- USD 376 Application for Professional Employment
- Current Resume
- Copy of current Kansas Teaching Certificate
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- College transcripts
Submit the application packet by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail or in person at 308 E. Washington, Sterling, Kansas 67579.
The position will remain open until filled. The right candidate will be hired immediately so don't delay!
If you have any questions please contact Principal Phil Bressler at 620-278-3112 or by email at email@example.com.